There is always something to do in our neighborhoods! Put your talents to use in supporting your community through volunteering with S/HPNA.
Current opportunities include:
S/HPNA Committees are where the magic happens. From event planning to neighborhood preparedness to monitoring development, committees play an important role in building community and protecting the interests of our neighborhoods... and are a great way to meet your neighbors!
Membership and leadership opportunities are available on the following committees:
- e-Bulletin Editor - Compiles, edits, and publishes S/HPNA's e-mail newsletter
- Newsletter Editor - Manages, edits, and publishes a print newsletter
- Newsletter Contributors - Contribute articles, design, or photos for S/HPNA newsletters
- Web Contributors - Contribute content for the S/HPNA website
- Event Managers - Plan and coordinate a specific community or membership event (e.g., Wine Tasting, Ice Cream Social, Night on the Alameda, Barbeque, History Tour, Tree Lighting/Holiday Party)
- Event Volunteers
- Neighborhood Preservation
- NP Project Managers - Help coordinate projects to preserve our quality of life in an area such as airport issues, Caltrain issues, beautification, crime prevention, emergency preparedness (S/HPNA Prepared), graffiti and litter removal, parking, or traffic calming
- NP Project Volunteers
- Planning & Land Use (PLUC)
- PLUC Project Managers - Help coordinate S/HPNA's Planning & Land Use Committee in monitoring local development activity or policy proposals (e.g., dog park, baseball stadium, parks development)
- PLUC Project Volunteers
- Volunteer Services
- VS Project Managers - Help coordinate a volunteer project such as volunteer/recruitment/matching, local business sponsor development, new neighbor welcome baskets, or volunteer recognition
- VS Project Volunteers
Based on the amount of time you wish to give, you can play as large or small a role as you would like, and make a real difference in your community.
Special projects are initiatives that the Board, Committees, or members identify that fall outside the standing committee structure. Current special projects include:
- Alameda Retail Development - Help revitalize The Alameda!
- Neighborhood History Project - Help compile information on the rich history of our neighborhoods
- Street Tree Planting - Help plant and maintain street trees in neighborhood park strips to keep our community green